everyone is thinking harvest & i am thinking layers of black, blue, indigo, grey, concrete & texture!
i love to mix sheer fabrics with dark denim, chunky knits, big scarves, the perfect hat & booties.
it's a timeless look that i, truth be told, dress like year round!
so get outside, enjoy the crisp cool air, cloudy skies because you are bundled up in our fave pieces from souchi, giada forte & mother denim.
2. mother denim the looker in a model spy (available at souchi chicago 773-687-9638)
3. our inspiration photo found on pinterest and our #74 100% souchi cashmere slub
4. cindy kirk leather 'original tote' that can be worn cross body or on the shoulder with hand stitching detail. gorgeous!
6. giada forte fedora in notte navy (also available in camello camel)
7. souchi's perfect (yes, i said it!) heidi v-neck tunic in 100% 6 ply cashmere tweed with infinity scarf. classic, cool & stylish.
8. another typical winter day in aspen.
i love lace! this year i especially love all the reincarnations it has taken & all the places it shows up - nails, make up, packaging, etc. at souchi, this years collaboration with evergreen violet (swoon) using souchi yarn & colors and her yummy designs. we have many new lace style hats for you to check out. so check out my favorite lace inspirations available in the world right now & on souchi.comxo
3. thea grant covert st. necklace is an insane interpretation of metallic cobweb. love.
clearly 50 shades has made it's impact into the fashion world as well....manolo blanik lace pumps.....perfect with a cropped cuff jean, souchi claudia cowl, giorgio armani red lipstick & a gladys tamez custom hat (coming soon.......)
4. my favorite souchi accessory the bottega wrap (9 and counting). wear alone, layered, wrapped, draped, who cares.....enjoy!
5. evergreen violet hand knit hats made exclusively for souchi using the finest souchi yarns.
6. a medley of fantastic lace dresses from the fall runways 2013.
7. giada forte wool hat with gold lace appliqué.
8. gorgeous agent provocateur bra...you have to see the bottoms!
i absolutely love ny in september! the weather is almost perfect....not too cold & not too hot. no need for a jacket, just a sweater (souchi anyone?) while you enjoy the last days drinking wine outdoors with your girls after a long day of checking out the spring 2014 collections. the cast today: the amazing corey lynn calter, the incredible shana honeyman & yours truly. we ended the conversation with corey saying, 'i can't wait to see what this table looks like in 10 years!' clearly referring to us ladies getting older..... so i say, 'the only real changes made will be that corey will have sunglasses that cover half her face, shana's hair will get taller (shana adds she will also re-introduce the side swept bang to add allure and shield half the face) and i say, my hats will be a size larger so they can be worn a lot lower so you only see my mouth'!! we laughed out loud. that's the thing about your girls you can laugh your asses off about getting older because you just can't fight it so embrace it and have another glass of wine.
about to turn another year older in just a few days........hat is lowering as i type
here are my nyc highlights
me under the brooklyn bridge dancing....happiness & wearing giada forte
atrium restaurant in brooklyn delicious!!
put me in the mood for vacation and shoe shopping
*fyi, i came back to snow in aspen!!
color inspiration for spring.......
always fun to visit the brilliance of thea & nico of thea grant!
love love love this collection.
1. great beach hair waves weather short or long looks great with the souchi cashmere tricia head scarves....a lil texture is great.
2. johnny farah lace knob belt is so easy and the texture & color work year round with your jeans, dresses and over a sweater.
4. butik button beads, metals, etc.....by now you all should know how much i love layering these!!.
5. k jacques cyrus broad thong sandals are my favorite go to for all summer. with dresses, jeans, cut offs, etc....what don't they go with?
6. awesome ritratti bra in lemon & khaki....love the military strap style!!
7. the souchi theresa vest is my go to 9 months of the year and that hasn't changes since moving from portland to aspen. whether with a tank top or an enza costa cashmere tee....i live in these....5 colors and counting!
8. tom ford's italian cypress perfume....when in rome.....or when you can't be in rome...
this time of year we are all traveling whether for a weekend getaway or a longer excursion. the joke among my friends is that my 'travel wardrobe' has pretty much been the same for the last 10 years. not quite, literally, but i can see how it may appear that way. why? well, the last thing i want to think about before a trip is what to pack. so, i always keep it easy, simple & KNOW that i will pick up trinkets & treasures on my travels. xo, suzisouchi
1. souchi marcella dress is the perfect sophisticated cover up if you are in rio, st tropez, etc and can take you from beach to an evening out. i love it with the enza costa tunic layer tank underneath. also, cute with contrast color underneath.
2. the supermaggie pullover is perfect for late afternoons at the beach thrown over bikinis or worn to yoga or on a hike. i also love wearing them with my cut offs for casual beach dinners with a simple scarf and a big cuff.
3. somerset maugham & beatriz milhazes are 2 constant inspirations in my life. i think i have read everything somerset has written and always enjoy his way of writing, understanding and exploring his characters. beatriz' way of experimenting with color, light & weight is vivid & pure joy. oh to one day have something from her....LOVE. bucket list wish list: first edition somerset maugham AND a beatriz painting...a girl can dream!!
4. souchi bottega wraps in 1 ply 100% cashmere are my go to travel piece because they are feather weight yet warm & can fold up tiny and fit in a clutch if necessary.
5. a versatile leather belt can add mileage to your travel staples - we love this braided belt from giada forte
6. this braided fabric necklace with swarovski crystal pendant from winifred grace is so cool. it can be tied loose & long, like a lariat, or short like a choker or around your wrist. perfect with everything.
7. souchi penelope v-neck in cotton cashmere is another example of clean living while on vacation. so classic, sexy, timeless & can be worn with everything....jeans, shorts, over a dress, bikini, skirt....whatever...you may want black too.
8. genetic denim's lily baby bootcut are the PERFECT travel jean because they are not tight. they are super thin, comfy, cozy and so relaxed. which to me is sexy on a vacation. throw with a cute belt, sexy tank & cardi and you're set.
i have always liked gwen stefani, no doubt & the fact that the girl continues to rock a tomboy look that i love.
now, i never quite realized how much i liked her until recently. here are the reasons why i think she is freakin' cool:
1. to write the lyrics above means you're strong, confident & honest.....
2. you can rock pink, red, black, brown or platinum hair like nobody's business....
3. braces in your 30's! gotta love that ......you have a damn good sense of humor and again, confident
4. the girl likes her make-up and always gives good face
5. ultimate professional even during heartbreak (ok, shout out to the rest of the band too!)
6. singer, band member, mom, wife, designer, entrepreneur...... busy and seemingly keeping it all together
7. loves fashion:
- nobody rocks boys jeans better
-nobody rocks red lipstick and platinum hair better & can add coveralls to make the look sexy!
-love the outfits to pick up & hang out with kids
8. ok.......the abs? this makes me just like her......there could be love, but seriously, those abs, you're in your 40's and you've had 2 kids
9. seems like the friend you'd love to have on a girls mexico vacation: margarita's, tacos & ridiculous tales of men, fashion & being in your 40's..... my guess is she'd be fun and funny! and doesn't she just seem like you and your friends with a history of pictures that tell the story only your closest circle knows? love that.
*rumor has it gwen owns the souchi juana cardigan in jasper & druzy! we are still hoping to see a picture!