last nights awards for the golden globes was certainly more fun in terms of fashion than the people's choice awards. so i decided to focus on the looks i liked instead of what i didn't like. ok, i will have to mention one that i didn't like.
here is my absolute favorite!
i KNOW we've seen very similar on gwenyth paltrow but i don't care. i love everything about how the amazing actress from 12 years a slave looks. the simplicity is impeccable that really all you notice is her smile. she is stunning AND the fact that a red dress isn't getting the attention but her face is just proves the power of her beauty & confidence.
NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN 12 YRS A SLAVE.....GO NOW!
it is perfection.
a medley of likes:
tina fey looked amazing in her first dress. her body, skin & hair were awesome. love
elizabeth moss.....this dress does not photograph well but man when she got up and moved and you saw the light and movement of something that looks like armor. love
jacqueline bisset..........69 years old? amazing! beautiful, classic.
robin wright makes me want to chop all my hair off & get my bum to the nearest yoga studio. a natural beauty.
zoe d always has fun with fashion & i love her quirky sense of style.
diane keaton looked amazing. really i know we've seen this look on her a ton but i thought she looked phenomenal.
cate blanchett is always on my did it right list. the skin, the hair, the clothes. i mean check out the back on the dress. i mean does she just get dipped in alabaster before going to an event? it's insane how flawless her skin & style is.
emma watson proved that young hollywood can play too. this look was forward & classic at the same time. loved the back and the shoes.
now, i didn't know who paula patton was so i had to google. but this is just way way way too much. this dress is iffy at best but only a true icon could carry this dress off. don't get me wrong, she's a pretty woman, great figure, etc..... but it comes across as trying way too hard. in the vain of wearing white to somebody's wedding.
so what do you think? agree or disagree?
SO..............was it just me or was the 'fashion' at the people's choice really really bad? in my outspoken opinion i found it as awful as that walgreen's fab promo with tim gunn. please make it stop!
i love award shows because i like to see what the celebrities choose to wear. really, not only can they afford most anything, BUT, they are most often gifted items or lent items so really, it's what they choose that i think shows really who they are.
so often we think we know them based on the characters they play, the snippets of interviews given or the ridiculous stories made up. so to me, it's a sign of their personality.
and, when, i see choices that are......again, in my opinion......just.......BAD......i wonder...hmmm....i really don't know them at all. which is really silly, funny and DUH, quite true. yet, still somehow, ugh, i'm bothered :)
so lets start with what i did like:
anna farris......i want this so bad! i want to wear as a set, but mostly i want the top with cut offs to wear this summer with the new valia sandals i found from greece. and the pants i want to wear with my chunky cashmere sweaters right now because of course you all think i am THAT DRESSY! because yes, i am a designer....I AM SO LIVING THE LIFE OF TOM FORD!! but, really i would live in both these pieces.
kat denning's jumpsuit was just perfect....big boob girls love a well cut jumpsuit! it's like the perfect dress, so hard to find, but once you do, you own a few of them for back up.
nina's fitted, incredibly sexy polished dress is so cool. and digging the accessories.
OMG jennifer hudson.......the hair, the body, the SKIN, the lipstick, the cuff, the shoes, the confidence.......PURE PERFECTION!
now.......on to the ugh......seriously......what were you thinking dresses? AND if you had a stylist....what were THEY thinking???? AND if you disagree, tell me, i love fashion frenzied disagreements.
unflattering color, length & shape! but amazing bag!
i don't know who she is but a mullet dress is never cute AND she's freaking me out as a j-lo wax figure....
now brit brit is a lady who works out...yet somehow her clothes always appear to small for her and dated! i mean you've got 100 million dollars and are rock solid!! can you imagine the possibilities........ohhhhhh
wrong shape, wrong length, wrong hair style....why? you have aged yourself 20 years
probably the most unflattering cut for breasts....WHY WHY WHY? to smash, flatten & separate should never be an option!
too much......tight bun, deep v, skinny strap, crazy strap, mermaid, peplum, sparkle.....no
here's to the next awards show!
let me know what you think of my over opinionated choices.
the question i am often asked is....
'what is my favorite......' insert any article of clothing or accessory here.
so, i decided to do a post on what i live in. these are my favorite everything's right now.
from top left......
1) souchi lil mary kate oversize cardi. i have this in 5 colors and always thinking of the next
2) souchi cashmere bobble hat hand knit by evergreen violet. perfection
3) loup charmont cotton voile pj's.....mine have navy piping
4) ara gold, silver & oxidized bangles from elliott yeary gallery
5) sarah graham oxidized cobalt bangle with diamonds from elliott yeary gallery
6) deSales bangle from thea grant
7) mother denim runaway jeans....tried & true in every color but my faves is the faded wash
8) commando ultimate opaque tights....tights that you want to live in
9) belstaff booties.....bought the black in september and have worn at least 4 times a week so i just bought the brown now that they are 60% off!
10) cindy kirk original tote...hand cut, hand sewn & awesome
11) enza costa cashmere cuff v with thumbholes .....yep, every color is in my dresser
12) me in foz du iguaco
13) souchi cashmere paige vest that works with everything in my closet year round
14) center......figuring out the selfie app
15) souchi cashmere mariah sweater....slub cashmere with some stretch & neck line can be reversed so sexy or casual
16) bobbie brown 'old hollywood' lipstick.....this was a gift that i absolutely think is the most perfect red lipstick ever!
17) valia 'sandy cay' handmade leather grecian sandals....again...perfect
18) mother denim in high waisted looker....and the good high waist not retro hipster. these fit amazing and love with a fitted sweater or tee
19) enza costa tunic layer tank....anyone who knows me knows i have these on 5 days a week with everything
happy hunting for your favorites
style icon kate moss knows how to work a ton of sparkle....never have sequins been so cool. plus, you have to love a 15 year old kate channeling madonna.
here's the thing: most people think sequins, baubles & trinkets are for dressing up, but i love something elaborate worn with something simple like the white blazer on the top right. have fun & know that the trend right now is to load it on and 'over-accessorize'.
corey lynn calter dee sequin tank
thea grant westbury necklace
thea grant decateur bracelet
butik metal beads
it has been snowing for a a few weeks now in aspen & now in chicago where i write this blog.
i decided to choose my favorite 'winter white gifts & inspirations' from the web and souchi.com
here you go:
2. velvet cleopatra lace inset top
3. souchi cashmere jessica cowl neck sweater
5. the original charlie's angels
6. beautiful clean lines white ceramic pottery
7. chanel mademoiselle pearl watch
8. souchi zen cashmere leg warmers
9. thea grant westbury necklace
10. souchi cashmere itsy bitsy bikini
11. vintage white jeans
12. nars nail lacquer
above is accessory icon iris apfel & diamond expert elizabeth taylor
and some of my favorite accessories from fall '13 from chanel, alexander mcqueen, ann demeulemeester, dolce & gabbana, dries van noten & lanvin
and here are my favorite accessories on souchi.com
clockwise from top right:
thea grant grantham street bracelet
winifred grace hoop earrings
victor simoni gloss wallet in arancini without added wristlet
cindy kirk original leather tote in shade
johnny farah laguna leather belt
thea grant deSales bracelet
thea grant knickerbocker pearl & rhinestone deco necklace (yes, i'm OBSESSED with their collection)
giada forte wool felt cloche
victor simoni scoobie mu mu clutch with added wristlet
fyi, we are doing 20% off all jewelry thru december 8, 2013
HAPPY ACCESSORY SHOPPING
everyone is thinking harvest & i am thinking layers of black, blue, indigo, grey, concrete & texture!
i love to mix sheer fabrics with dark denim, chunky knits, big scarves, the perfect hat & booties.
it's a timeless look that i, truth be told, dress like year round!
so get outside, enjoy the crisp cool air, cloudy skies because you are bundled up in our fave pieces from souchi, giada forte & mother denim.
2. mother denim the looker in a model spy (available at souchi chicago 773-687-9638)
3. our inspiration photo found on pinterest and our #74 100% souchi cashmere slub
4. cindy kirk leather 'original tote' that can be worn cross body or on the shoulder with hand stitching detail. gorgeous!
6. giada forte fedora in notte navy (also available in camello camel)
7. souchi's perfect (yes, i said it!) heidi v-neck tunic in 100% 6 ply cashmere tweed with infinity scarf. classic, cool & stylish.
8. another typical winter day in aspen.